Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Can See a Difference!!

So yesterday my mom asked me 'do you see a difference in your body?' and I said 'no, but I am not discouraged, I will soon enough'.

I was really ok with it, I am patient this time around.

I woke up this morning and happened to notice that one of my rolls on my waste are gone.

Goodbye, Norton.

Yeah, I named my rolls, they were there for me when I was lonely, fat and hungry. ;)

But, sincerely, I am really pretty excited that I am seeing progress.

My friend and I went on a ten mile bike ride yesterday (I just mapquested her uncles house to the ferry which we only said was one mile but is really 2.5) a 13 mile bike ride yesterday.  I used to love biking when I was a kid.  It was my favorite and primary mode of transportation.  I don't remember getting tired or needing breaks back then.

Man, am I out of shape!  Two blocks in, I was like 'I need a break!!!" and we actually almost quit! 

Thank goodness we didn't.  We biked 2.5 miles to the ferry, took the ferry into Manhattan, biked the pier for 4 miles, turned around and did 4 miles back to the ferry (after biking a short while through a neighborhood nearby), took the ferry and did 2.5 miles back to her uncle's house.  We took a few breaks, but honestly were having an amazing time.  And I got my tan on as an added bonus!

While on the awesome pier, we paced ourselves.  We didn't want to feel like we were just there to work out, we wanted to enjoy the scenery, we love watching people, so sure, all types of people passed us.  We saw this awesome guy who was skateboarding while holding his dog's leash who was running next to him which we thought was so cool.  We saw this girl with the body of my freaking dreams pass us (you could crack walnuts on her tushy).  A few 80 year old men on bikes passed us, making me chuckle.  But the fact is that we may not have been going super fast, but we were going for a long time, and it was also the first time either of us fattays had been on a bike in years.  So the 80 year old men, I am proud of them and I hope that when I am 80, I am riding bikes on the pier with my friends.

                                                                           Julia
                                                                         Meh

We ate well yesterday.  Had more carbs than lately I think because we were running low on energy, but nothing bad. I am really not being tempted with much junk, which is an awesome feeling.  UH-MAZING!

I will be a hot bride, and she will be a hot bridesmaid.  Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment