Saturday, April 13, 2013

Don't Dig Your Grave With Your Own Knife and Fork

Ahh, Saturday.

I stayed up late with Jon and his mom last night watching Finding Nemo.  Until a bit after 1am.  Finding Nemo is awesome.

I assumed I would be able to sleep in today, but apparently my body had other plans.  Stupid ignorant biological alarm clock.  So I was up at 7... yeah.  We all know what they say about when you assume.  Yeah, that happened.

Well, anywho I got up and ate breakfast.  I had kashi cereal and coconut milk and guess what? I actually read the serving size!  Like, I checked to see how many calories, carbs, fat, all that jazz, then I looked up and read 'Servings per box' and 'Serving Size'.
OHMYGREATANDSHINYSTARS!  Did you know that a 'serving' of cereal is 1/2 cup?!  I am sorry... WHAT?!

So I am thinking I should let you know that I typically get a salad bowl and put my cereal in there.  I don't mean just a salad bowl for a serving of salad, I mean I grab the bowl that you make the salad in, the huge one that basically fits a salad of a thousand families.  I dump in the entire box of lucky charms, pick out everything but the marshmallows, throw some whole milk on it and call it a day.

Today, I learned a great lesson on what serving sizes look like.  I now know.  Ignorance was really blissful.

But, I really was sincerely satisfied.  Thank goodness.

After that, I went and took a run.  I jello-jogged and walked for about a half an hour.  I kept setting small goals for things to run to... that tree, that house, that fire hydrant (I did feel like a dog running to the fire hydrant, in care you were wondering.)  All in all, I did pretty well!

Then I ate- turkey soup that my lovely mother in law to be made, which was amazing  A banana, roast turkey, green beans and tons of spinach (Popeye says its good for ya), some of my sister in law to be's spectacular cranberry sauce and some strawberries.

I went on one more walk and called this day a SUCCESS!!!!!!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment